Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Two and A HALF year old girl!

Madelyn turned two and a half on the 24th! She's such a joy in our lives and is growing tons. Here's a look at Maddy at 2.5:

  • She cares about what she wears now and LOVES to play dress-up, especially with her cousins.

  • One of her favorite activities is playing "babies" with the dollhouses at my parents' house. She loves babies in general and is starting to share more and help out when we babysit.



  • She lets us know when we're not sticking to the routine! Before bed it's "pajamas, medicine (her nebulizer for her cough), teeth, bed (playing on the bed with Daddy), prayers, kiss and then night-night! The daytime isn't quite as rigid. :)

  • She ADORES singing! This girl will make up her own songs all of the time and can start singing a song out of the blue on pitch. We went to my sister's chorale concert the other night and she was just mesmerized whenever they started singing. She would just stare and start singing along with so much passion. I love it!

  • She's a big helper in the kitchen! She stirs the food, puts ingredients in....but her favorite part of all is the taste-testing! (And supposedly is willing to hold aprons as well.)

  • Best of all, she loves her family. She gives hugs and kisses and every now and then will put my face in her hands, look me in the eyes and whisper "you." (I love you). It doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Michelle Johnston said...

Hey Erica! I found your blog finally:) Hope thats ok! I was going to tell you...I know that Madelyn sings, because I heard her in church one day when we were sitting behind you, during the primary program. It was so cute!!!! She totally knew all the words, and I didnt even know the song:) I'm excited for you guys, and hopefully, we can keep in touch through these blogs:)

Karolyn said...

What a precious little girl! I love those little things they do that make you smile and realize that this is what being a mom is all about! Hey-is that Skeeter she is sharing with? Very impressive!