So lately there have been plenty of people reminding us that we will be up and leaving our good ol' Kansas roots very soon. I've really tried not to think too much about it up to this point, but according to others we have only 7 months left. So naturally I've become sentimental the last couple weeks and allowed myself to think about all of the things I will miss about this place. It's tortuous and something that always ends in my either worrying or starting to blubber. It's not that I'm not excited to move and start a new adventure (one we've talked about for years where school and poverty would no longer be in the picture), I'm just not the best with change.
So when I think of something I definitely won't miss about Kansas, it makes me feel a little better. :) And I must say, I will NOT miss these lovely ice storms! The ice has finally started to melt away, as well as all of the little messages on the bottom of the TV screen flashing school cancellations. I won't have to worry about whether a tree will snap, if I can drive on ice, if the power will go out, or if I need to boil my water, etc. etc. The ice on everything is always beautiful to look at, but I would much rather see it in pictures!


2 comments:
From one Kansan turned Utahan to another, I'm with you 100%.
Okay let me help out with a few reasons UTAH is awesome. #1-YOu are returning (or will be near) to COUGARtown!!! #2-Mountains (camping, fishing, picnics) #3-park city outlet center #4-you will be able to attend BYU sporting events #5-YOU ARE MOVING INTO A BRAND NEW BEAUTIFUL home!!!! I am so jealous!
Hope that helped to get you a little bit excited! It's making me miss Utah and I didn't grow up there! Have a nice day!
P.S. Not that I want to bring out the sentimental side but I am going to miss you...But Utah is great!
Post a Comment