Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Sneak Preview

We went to Utah this last week to close on and stay in our new home and to kind of get a sneak peek of what life will be like for us there. Maddy loved getting to know her "Utah cousins" and spent many days doing "girly" things with Allie and Anna while Mom and Dad were out and about. She's still talking about it. :) We also spent an evening with Alena and Mike, who Maddy adores! Maddy read a bedtime story to Mike and then Mike read "Goodnight Moon" to her, and we've decided he will be putting our kids to bed every night after how well he did! Ha! :)
We also met up with Grandpa Bruderer and picked up Uncle Amman's car, Nelly. We've made sure it has a new, safe home for a few months. :)
Maddy enjoyed getting to know her cousins Paige, Claire and Lincoln too!
But I think she needs to work on respecting her "elders" a bit. Claire didn't like the way Maddy was lecturing her here. :)
And, since we took loads of pictures of the new house, I thought I would just include a couple of my favorite room: the Kitchen!!

We had a great time and felt very blessed with everything working out the way it did. When we were there, we knew Utah was our new home. Now we will just enjoy our last couple months in Topeka and start to pack, pack, pack!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited that you're going to be so close. Sorry we couldn't see you while you were here, but we'll see you soon enough :)

Stacey said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! That is going to be so nice for you guys to move into!

Kaytie Brown said...

Your house is as gorgeous in pics as it was in real life! We're so excited for you guys. It was way fun to see you for a bit. Brooklyn out of NOWHERE today said "I love my friend Maddy." It made me way sad that our girls couldn't be little friends. :(

Anonymous said...

Who are those naked girls?
Love the expression on Claire's face!
Your kitchen is beautiful. Can't wait to see the whole thing finished and furnished.
It was great to see you and to get to play with your little princess. Thanks for sharing her with us. It's good for my girls to have a playmate besides each other. Looking forward to many more times like that.
See you soon.

Karolyn said...

AHHH! I LOVE your kitchen! Its wonderful!

Michelle Johnston said...

I am so happy for you to finally be done with school, and moving into a beautiful new house! You two totally deserve it! We will miss you when you go, but hopefully we can keep in touch! See you soon.
Michelle