Wednesday, April 8, 2009

There Is Beauty All Around





We went on a picnic yesterday...across the street. And I actually kept thinking,

"I LOVE where I live... I LOVE where I live...."

During the winter I think I sometimes forget that I live in such a beautiful place. So today I am thankful for Spring and warm days, parks on every corner, great neighbors, seagulls and ducks to feed, miles of trails along the lake, the mountainous landscapes, a temple blocks away, (or 3 within our view), and most of all, a sweet family to share it all with. Because really, it's from these seemingly small, daily blessings that I realize the great love Heavenly Father has for each of His children.

Maddy just loved that this little guy kept trying to join us during our picnic.

4 comments:

Kayla Neer said...

Wow, the first picture nearly took my breath away it's so beautiful! How fun that you guys can get out and picnic on nice days and enjoy such beautiful scenery!

Angela Kahle said...

I can't believe that is near your house. Man, I would love to visit the temple near you. Maybe when we come out this summer. Your two kids are soooo adorable. What is Evan eating in the picture? Is it gummies? I'm so afraid to give those to Lily.

Chanda Starr said...

These words came to my mind while reading your post. "There is beauty all around when there's love at home"

janell said...

OK--I admit, it is beautiful. Still too far away, though! Evan looks adorable in his hat!