Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Day in the Sun

The grandparents + Aunt Kayla came to visit last weekend and it was wonderful. My mother cooked and did all my dishes...seriously, it was just what I needed from her. Mothers always know just what you need, huh?

Grammys also know just what you need. And what Madelyn needed was an Easter Egg Hunt. She had it in her head that it would be Easter when Grammy and Papa came to visit, so by golly, Grammy made it happen. On St. Patrick's Day, nonetheless.

Maddy and Grammy went to the Candy Store and bought all that they needed including cute baskets to fill with the loads of sweets.
Photobucket
There were crafts, snacks, games...
Photobucket
...and of course the Easter Egg Hunt!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The neighborhood friends + dear cousins
Photobucket
My ray of sunshine :)
Photobucket
And we ended the day watching "Princess and the Frog."
Photobucket
We are a little obsessed with this movie right now...

2 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

Grammies/Moms and the Easter bunny! Does it get any better than that! I love Maddy's pink shoes!

Starry said...

Wow! Your Mom did all the meals and dishes--that is the best gift ever!!! Your early Easter hunt sounded like so much fun. The picture of Evan is priceless. I'm so glad you had a great week even if it was a little crazy. Thanks for posting...I kove seeing all you and your kids do.