Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Man's man

Photobucket
It is no secret that when Daddy is home, Mommy takes a backseat...way in the back. This boy of mine certainly prefers the men. He wants to grunt and growl with them, hit them with his head, give high-fives and other manly things. The things I never knew about little boys while growing up.

Here are a few more of Evan's favorite men:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Papa!! Papa!! That was all we heard when my family came to visit us a couple weeks ago. They went to Lowe's together, they fixed things together, they swam together, took walks together and just chilled together. They are buds forever. It made me even more sad to see my Dad leave this time because I knew Evan's heart was breaking too to see his Papa leave.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think Evan just feels like a plain stud when he is around Uncle Lant. They wrestle and tease, play catch and chat. Evan has lots of hugs (and hitting) for Uncle Lant.

Photobucket
Evan has learned to say Uncle Jared's name very well now and immediately wants to be held by him whenever he comes to our house. His favorite thing to point out to Jared are big trucks and tractors...in the books they read or with the lovely construction going on around our house.

Photobucket
Evan really enjoyed having his Grandpa Starr come to visit a few weeks ago too. He called him his Papa Starr. He loved the "donkey rides" Papa Starr would give him and made sure he was always close by and just as active as him when he was around.

With his preference to guys, it makes me even more grateful when I'm all he's got and I can have him all to myself. I think he shows his soft side when he's around me and I do love that.

1 comment:

Starry said...

What fabulous pictures! It is cute that he so wants to be just like all his man heroes in his life. I hope he grows up to be just a little bit like all of them. :)