

The other evening we had a special family home evening. We went to dinner downtown and then visited the Salt Lake Temple where Jonathan and I were sealed together nine years ago today. Each year around our anniversary we try to take our family back to where it all began--to walk around the temple and talk about the significance that special day has for all of us.
We are lucky to live so close to our beautiful temple. As we got closer to it, the kids started singing I Love to See the Temple. That will forever be one of my favorite memories--singing that song as a family as we walked to the temple.




Jonathan gathered our kids around and told them about that special day. He told them of the promises Mommy and Daddy made to Heavenly Father and to each other. He told them about how they were sealed to us that day too, even though they were just a dream to us then. He told them about how we can be together forever as a family and that the joy that we feel now as a family will only continue on and on if we keep doing what is right.
As we walked around and as I looked at my dear husband and our children, I could not contain the tears and emotion--my gratitude for that day, for the blessings of being sealed together for time and all eternity, for the love of my Heavenly Father and His Son,
for these beautiful people He has given me to love and to cherish.


for these beautiful people He has given me to love and to cherish.


Evan was so cute the whole time telling me he was going to marry me in the temple, uh-huh! But when we told him mommy was married to daddy he then kept telling Maddy they were going to get married in the temple. Maddy's response was,
Yeah, but you have to be taller to get married, Evan."

Thank You, Jonathan, for marrying me nine years ago.
You are my very best friend and
I'm so thankful for the life that we are sharing today.
xoxo
"Our future is as bright as our faith..."





5 comments:
What a wonderful thing to do for FHE on a very special week for you and Jonathan. Evan saying that to Maddy makes me think of the time I thought I had to marry Jonathan when we were the ringbearer and flowergirl at Jan and Russ Parker's wedding. It will be funny some day to relive Maddy's words to Evan when he's taller than her. :)
I do hope you have a great time this weekend and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
I love this!!
Sometimes I wish we lived closer to "our" temple so we could do things just like this. What a great FHE. Hope you enjoy your anniversary.
what a sweet post! You have such a darling family.
Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was such a special day and has grown sweeter as your love and family has continued to grow.
Post a Comment