Wednesday, August 3, 2011

EVAN IS 3!!!

JULY 27, 2008


Photobucket


1

Photobucket


2

Photobucket


3

Photobucket



I can't believe my little man is 3!! How exciting to be 3 years old!


I absolutely love the age 3...it is magical.

But I found myself being very sentimental on his birthday thinking of my Evan's actual birthday, when he was one and two, and all that has happened since.

I also found myself kissing and touching his perfect, dimpled cheeks a little more thinking about the missing baby fat that was just there a few months ago.

I have loved these wonderful 3 years with this incredible boy!




Scenes from his Special Day

Photobucket

Photobucket


Breakfast in bed



Photobucket

The coveted doughnut

Photobucket

So good, some of it even got up his nose...?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evan wanted a "Monster Truck" birthday. Unfortunately I didn't keep his cars decorations from last year, so we did some new decorations.

Photobucket

I created a "monster truck" just for him

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

and a tire birthday banner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evan's cousins were visiting that week and so we all went to the zoo that morning.

Photobucket

Evan really wanted to see the elephants,

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the dinosaurs...over and over again.

They had a fun exhibit of animated dinosaurs all over the park
that Evan LOVED! He could not see enough of them.

Photobucket

Some spit water too, to Maddy and Aurora's delight.

Photobucket

Evan's favorite was the T-Rex.

He kept saying, "Let's go see the BIG dinosaur again!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evan opened one of his big gifts when we got home...a new slide!

We then had a few of Evan's favorite things for dinner:

all kinds of kebabs, curly fries with cheese sauce, blueberries, watermelon, canteloupe, lots of chips and orzo with grape tomatoes. Oh, and lots of root beer.

Photobucket

After dinner, everyone got to make their own monster truck.

Photobucket

And then it was time to race...

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

A few scenes from the races

Photobucket

I cannot get over this picture, below. Whenever I need a good laugh, I just look at this because this is so my Madelyn. She is quite the competitive girl, but she has one of the kindest hearts I know. So it is just too fitting that as she passes her fellow racers, all they see on her car is

"I Love You"

She cracks me up.

Photobucket

Cousin Neal was nice enough to share his car with Evan. It was just his size.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Opening his gifts.
He really wanted the "Termanator" and "Frightening McMean" Monster Trucks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandma Starr's monster truck cake! It was a HIT!
Thank you Grandma Starr!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EVAN!!


2 comments:

Angela Kahle said...

That is an amazing party. The cake is unbelievable! I'm so glad Evan had a extra special day.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's 3! Loves!