Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life Lately...

October started off a bit rocky--getting used to our new routine as a family of 6 and still juggling other responsibilities--but it turned out to be one of my very favorite and rewarding months with this beautiful family of mine. Here's a look at October 2012:

:: General Conference :: 

Photobucket

I always love watching the kids point out the prophet and apostles and get excited about coloring in their ties, etc., but it made my heart swell to watch Madelyn taking notes and talking to me about what was said later after conference was over. She feels the Spirit so strongly and truly wants to do what is right.

Photobucket

Jonathan and Aaron were lucky enough to go up to the conference center for the priesthood session. 
They were pretty excited about it.

Photobucket

:: Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze ::


 Photobucket

Sometimes you have those moments that are completely unplanned, but become unforgettable and magical memories as a family. It was so fun watching the kids help each other find their perfect pumpkins and hauling them off in the little wheelbarrows. We loved hearing their squeals of delight as they ran through the corn maze over and over, holding hands.

Photobucket

Gotta love Evan's bandaid for his chapped lips!

Photobucket

:: Being Brave ::

Photobucket

We were told Maddy would have to have 4 teeth pulled when we realized her big teeth weren't coming in on their own because they were overcrowded in her little mouth. We scheduled the first appointment with our dentist in September and after 3 long hours he was only able to get 2 out, which was rather painful for her. The dentist then told me he couldn't do the laughing gas, but to try a pediatric dentist who could and it should be much easier to get the other two teeth out. I was upset he hadn't suggested this in the beginning and wish we would have went to the pediatric dentist in the first place. With the laughing gas it was much easier, and after 30 minutes and no pain, the other two teeth were out! 
I was so proud of Maddy for sticking with it and being so brave, even the second time after having a bad and painful first experience. And now she has a new smile! :) And speaking of smiles...

:: Henry's First Smiles ::

Photobucket

I was putting Henry in his carseat one day and as I was talking to him, he gave me this big beautiful smile! It warmed my heart after many sleepless nights and days and has made me feel much closer to my sweet baby.

Photobucket

I know Daddy feels the same way!

Photobucket

I'm in love with those big, chubby cheeks!

Photobucket

:: DARE week at School ::

Photobucket

For DARE week, Maddy had backwards day, western day, and more, but our favorite was Nerd Day! She was the cutest little nerd, especially with the boys' suspenders.

:: Bonding with Henry ::

Photobucket

I don't have many pictures with Luke and Henry, but Luke loves his little baby and always tries to comfort him when he cries and rubs his little head while saying, "Oh baby! Oh Henny!"

Evan and Maddy are naturals at holding and talking to little Henry too.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

:: Little Notes ::

We love finding notes that Maddy leaves around the house lately. Her spelling and handwriting is really improving and we love seeing her creative side come out. Sometimes we'll find scripts for a play, words to a song, love notes, notes for the tooth fairy, notes with her testimony, and notes explaining the rules of the games the kids are playing.

20121030205757-1

:: Daddy and Mommy Dates ::

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Jonathan and I have started taking the kids out one on one each week. This has really helped them and us grow closer together and has given them the individual attention they deserve.

A few adventures so far: Bowling, Jamba Juice, finding earrings at Claire's, and ice cream

Photobucket

Jonathan and I have been grateful to go out a couple times as well. One Friday night he surprised me by telling me he had found a sitter and that we were going out. We tried out the new sushi place by our house, Blue Fish. We had never really tried it before and over-ordered, having 3 or 4 sushi rolls. But it was delicious and this restaurant has quickly become a new favorite. I love having one on one time with this man of mine, and good conversation over good food is the best.

Photobucket

I got the "go-ahead" from my doc to start exercising again and have LOVED swimming again. It is my favorite sport because I can shut out the world with the water and just go, feeling weightless in every aspect. It's also a great time when Mish and I can go together.

Photobucket

:: Tuesday Nights ::

Daddy and the kids have had quite the adventures while Mommy is at young women's. He is Super Daddy, taking them to the grocery store, out to get ice cream, and more. 

Photobucket

I enjoy seeing all of the pictures of their adventures when I get back. 
They always sleep really well after their time out.

Photobucket

:: The First Snow! ::

Photobucket

It is a magical thing to wake up and see the first snow of the season. The kids got their boots and snow suits on right away that morning, Luke even before his pants.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Evan loved throwing snowballs...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Riding the John Deer and creating a snowman...

Luke ate the crackers from the snowman as his breakfast that morning.

Photobucket Photobucket

:: Receiving my YW Medallion ::

Photobucket

Since being in YW I have been able to work on my personal progress as a leader and received my 2nd medallion in October. The projects were actually much easier this time around as I am already doing many things as a mom. Some of the projects were starting a garden, completing a slideshow for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, sewing, organizing our home, and reading the Book of Mormon. But the value experiences were more meaningful to me this time around as I really focused on the meaning rather than checking them off. I felt like my relationship with my Savior grew stronger as I focused on the intention of my prayers and scripture study. I am much more thankful for each YW value that has helped me tune in to myself and the details of my life that need improving. It has shown me that while I have several imperfections, I also have several things to offer to those I serve, especially my family, as a daughter of God.

Photobucket

We got one sweet picture with Luke kissing his brother before he lost it and refused to take anymore.
Love these kids so much. They give my life meaning and purpose.

Photobucket

:: Aaron's Birthday ::

Photobucket

We were able to celebrate Aaron's birthday at the end of the month. We made our first candy bar poster! The kids had loads of fun showing them the finished product. :)

Photobucket

:: Family Nights ::

Even though we have four young kids now, we have still tried to do "wholesome, recreational activities" all together. One night before Halloween we went to the rec center pool for a spooky night of fun where they even had pumpkins in the purple water that you could catch and take home with you.

Photobucket

:: 2 Month Shots ::

While I hate seeing my babies get their shots and the pain and crying that inevitably follows, it also gives me peace of mind and makes me grateful that we can prevent them from getting those yucky diseases that were once so prevalent. 

And look at this sweet guy! He was still a happy, smiley baby the rest of the day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

kayla neer said...

Love it! Now I feel more up-to-date with what's been going on in your lives. :) Miss you, but enjoy seeing how great everyone is doing.

Starry said...

Wow! You certainly have been busy. I'm sorry we've been so out of the loop with what has been going on with all of you. I am so impressed with all that you do as a family. You amaze me with your creative ideas, beautiful photos, and well rounded home life. I don't know how you do it.