Each year our children has a "friend" party as part of their birthday celebration. This is also part of their gift from mom and dad! I am not sure how long we will do this or if there will come a time when the kids are older and just want to do something more casual, but for now we love themed parties.
My kids have loved everything Star Wars this year and so Madelyn chose to have a Force Awakens party to celebrate her 11th birthday. She handed out movie ticket invitations to each of her friends and dressed up as her favorite character, Rey. I think she makes the perfect Rey!
After all of the girls arrived we had pizza and pop, of course. I loved hearing the girls conversation and Madelyn's big excitement. Madelyn wanted to do a couple games before they watched the movie. She chose a storm trooper shooting game and hitting the "Death Star" piñata.
Her dad and I helped make it out of paper mâché and spray paint. It turned out great, and Maddy loved it! We ended the night eating birthday cake popcorn balls (recipe from her library book) and watching The Force Awakens.
On her actual birthday we did the traditional breakfast in bed and singing happy birthday. She chose jelly-filled donuts and fruit for breakfast. Mommy added a smoothie and daddy a fried egg for good measure.
That evening we made her favorite foods. She requested fettuccine Alfredo, breadsticks, and sugar snap peas with shiitake mushrooms. And orange cream soda to drink! She was so grateful and so excited about everything. I loved seeing her so happy.










No comments:
Post a Comment