
It has been a hard and very sad couple of weeks as we have had to come to grips with losing two good friends.
Madelyn's friend, Brooklyn, and her mom, Jenny drowned while saving a cousin at Bear Lake. It has been overwhelmingly heartbreaking and difficult to have to say goodbye to these sweet souls. But we have found solace in knowing that they are together and happy, and that we will see them again.
As soon as Madelyn found out about their deaths, I found her making a quilt in their honor. She expressed how she really wanted to get together with her friends that knew Brooklyn and talk. I thought what better way than to all make something together. So we had the girls come over and finish the quilt together for Brooklyn and Jenny.
It was beautiful to see these girls (and two of Jenny's former first-grade students) come together and lovingly create this sweet quilt that I'm sure Brooklyn and Jenny would have loved.
And yet I feel like they were definitely there with us. As soon as we had all gathered, I felt a tremendous and peaceful spirit in our home as if they were saying "Thank you" and "We love you". I will never forget this day and that spirit we felt.
And we will never forget Brooklyn and Jenny and the kind and loving people they were here on earth. Until we meet again...We love you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment