Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Day with Mermaid





For several months now Madelyn has loved anything to do with The Little Mermaid, and so it was very fitting that we had a Mermaid (or "Me-me" as she calls her) birthday party for her. Over the last few days she has insisted on watching the DVD of her first birthday party and has been telling everyone that she is now two! So today after her nap she got so excited when I told her where we were going and who was coming to play with her, that she put on her dress very quickly and sat still the entire time I was doing her hair. Quite a feat for a two-year-old. She was so excited to see everyone there, and absolutely loved her Mermaid cake that Grandma Starr made! I had to try and hold her off from licking off all of the frosting. She was very proud of herself when she blew out her candles (even though we couldn't light them because of the wind) and had to have the piece of cake with Mermaid's head. She then opened all of her gifts, and I loved watching how grateful she was for each one. The clothes were a hit--she would gasp when she saw them and then say "Oooooh, aaahhhh, so pretty," as she held it up against herself. She loved her books and toys too and couldn't wait to start playing with them. She had fun playing basketball and playing on the playground with her cousins and friends and would run back and forth trying to tell me what she was doing in between plays. She was very excited about wearing her new Mermaid PJ's to bed and also had to sleep with the new "pretty" dress that Grandma and Grandpa Starr gave her. I think she knew it was a special day for her.

No comments: