
We are here in Utah and very much enjoying settling in to our new existence. This past month we weren't even sure if it would be possible for us to move out until after the baby was born, but luckily things fell into place and we were able to move now as originally planned. All of this packing, stress, worrying about the baby, worrying about whether or not we would move, saying good-bye to great friends and family etc. etc. has been quite emotional, but we feel very blessed to be in our new home and surrounded by loving friends and family out here.
Jonathan and my dad got here in great time on Saturday night. The Penske did well and the Camry got awesome gas mileage! I'm so glad they made it safe and sound. Maddy and I flew out from Kansas City yesterday and had quite the adventure getting to Salt Lake. We left Emporia at 8 and made our 11:00 departure to Denver just fine. We had a half-hour layover in Denver and so I figured we could use the potty and grab a sandwich before we boarded the next plane. I was way wrong! We got to the gate with five minutes to spare, but there was no one around to let us board. I'm running around like a mad woman trying to find someone that will let us in the gate, but to no avail. I sat there bawling, watching our plane pull away as Maddy was dumping all of her precious chocolate milk onto the floor and this sweet older couple was trying to bust down the door for us to board. It's a moment I will never forget. So hopefully I've learned my lesson: Go right to the next plane! No time for anything else.
Long story short, we were at the Denver airport for another 5 hours until our flight finally left for Salt Lake at 6. Maddy was awesome (I think after she saw her mommy lose it she knew she had better be an angel.) She was very fascinated with the airport and made a few buddies before they were lucky enough to board and leave. The picture is of Maddy totally zonked out on the floor 10 minutes before we boarded our plane. Poor girl. :)
But we made it and we were so glad to see family and meet up with Daddy again! I am so done with moving and traveling for a LONG time. :)
6 comments:
You're here???!!?!?? We need to get together when the dust settles!! YAY. =)
Sorry to hear about your airport probs. It's never fun traveling with a toddler AND being pregnant!!Thank goodness for moving walkways!! Glad you made it safely.
I'm glad you guys had a good move.
I am so glad that you made it. I hope it wasn't to traumatic for you. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on the baby!
I'm glad to see that you made it out to Utah safely despite the little airport saga! Miss you!
Congrats on your arrival! We are sooo sorry we missed the moving party! Good luck in the new place!
--Alan and Lynette
Wow! Moving is SO crazy! The airport sounds like it was quite the experience. I pictured myself in your shoes and it brought a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Talk about STRESSFULL! I'm so glad you guys got there all safe and sound. Good luck with all the settling in!
Post a Comment