
Yesterday we attended the funeral for my dear Grandma Hiatt who passed away last Wednesday. She was an extraordinary woman in many ways and will be greatly missed by so many people. Grandma had such a wonderfully large family which was her greatest treasure: 6 children, 47 grandchildren, 95 great-grandchildren and 4 great-great grandchildren. Maddy and I fit in as the first great-granddaughter and great-great granddaughter.

She loved her family so very much and we all felt that love deeply. Grandma would always make you feel like the favorite grandchild and the most special person in the world. Whenever we went over to visit she knew exactly what was going on with every person in the family and I know she prayed and loved each one of us individually. When we went to see the house one last time, I noticed our family's picture on the fridge and in the living room and so many other families. She is a tremendous example to me and has helped me understand more of what the Savior's love is like for each of us.
These pictures mean so much more to me now and I am grateful Grandma was able to meet Madelyn. I wanted to take Maddy to Payson so she could have a memory of that place and of Grandma because I have so many wonderful memories of it all myself. But, even though we weren't able to do that, I know Maddy will get to know her Grandma Hiatt through her other Grandmas. She is very blessed to have so many.
6 comments:
Erica, we were sad to hear about your Grandma passing. Your tribute to her is beautiful and I could feel her love just by reading your words. What an honor for you to be a part of such a wonderful heritage of women. We love you and miss you.
Erica,
I love the picture of the 5 generations. What a wonderful keepsake which I'm sure you'll always treasure.
Your Grandma Hiatt seems like she was an amazing person. She has left behind quite a legacy of remarkable women.
Love, Jen Benson
Beautiful tribute, Erica. I hadn't seen the second picture before. It took me a minute to realize not only that those were my kids, but that I think I even took that pic.
The one of her with Maddy is too precious.
First great-grand and great-great-grand daughters. Quite an honor.
Not sure if I've mentioned enough lately how glad I am to have you guys here. Your family is a big reason I'm able to stay sane these days. I know it's been a crazy first few weeks for you guys in Utah, but I'm SO grateful to have you close.
Erica,
I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Chanda's. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother's passing. She sounds like an amazing woman. I hope your pregnancy is going well and you are settling in your new home.
Jess Hansen
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Isn't it such a blessing to have the gospel in our lives! Please know that you and your family are in our prayers.
Erica,
This beautiful tribute makes me "cry happy". I had not seen the second picture before, either. What a thoughtful remembrance of your great-grandma. She truly was "great". Thank you for sharing.
Grandma J.
Post a Comment