Today was a perfect day to let our Heavenly Father know how grateful we are for this little boy. He truly is a gracious gift from Him and we are so blessed to have him in our family! To get personal, about a year ago we weren't sure when we were going to have another baby and it was very frustrating and, of course, hard for me not to be in control of the matter. But, last November, on our way back from a trip to Utah to design our house I felt very strongly that we would be blessed with another baby soon. I was listening to one of my favorite songs, "Thou Gracious God" and felt maybe I was pregnant. So when we found the name Evan, meaning "God is Gracious" we thought it very appropriate to give him this name. I know this was a simple trial of our faith and one that many people deal with all of the time, but I just found myself thinking back on this experience today and realizing what a miracle a baby is...what a gift our sweet little boy is!
Evan was blessed in the same suit and blanket that his daddy wore on his blessing day

Evan gave some first little smiles today to Grandma, Daddy and Mommy!

An unusually windy day :)
With Grandma and Grandpa Starr
Our Yum-O dinner afterward (with the help of many!!) and cheesecake and pies for dessert
We're so glad we could share the day with our friends and family

A very special day




7 comments:
Oh my gosh...Evan looks so studly in his blessing outfit. =) It is SO SPECIAL that he got to wear Jonathan's blessing attire. Thanks for blogging about such a special day. =)
I'm so sorry that I didn't get to see while you were here! You look amazing and Evan is ADORABLE!!!
Sometimes the distance between here and Utah feels like a million miles and looking at these pictures is one of those time. How I wish that we could have been with you. Even though we were not our hearts were. I thought of you often as we were at church today. As I saw your mom in primary I could feel that her heart was there with you also. Take care, we love you!
Yes, Chanda is right--this is one of those VERY difficult times! I just can't believe you're so far away! OK--enough of that. It looks like everything went VERY well! Evan looks adorable! How special that he smiled for the first time on his blessing day!
Love you all!!
Mom/Grammie
So glad we could be there to partake in that special day. Love you!
What a special day! That is such a tender story that you shared Erica! And what a perfect name-Evan with such special meaning! I am so glad I was able to see your family while you were in town!
Thanks for inviting us to be part of your special day--it was wonderful to be there. And to see your lovely new home! My girls keep talking about Maddy--they adore her!
Post a Comment