The other night I woke up to feed Evan in the middle of the night and who should I see pop up from the other side of our bed...Maddy Mae! We were having a slumber party in our own bed and I didn't even know it! After calming down from the initial shock, I asked her why she was sleeping with us and she answered simply, "I was scared and needed my Daddy." This brought me back to how I felt being with my own dad when I was little and how secure and safe I felt in his arms. As I watched her roll over, hugging her daddy's arm so tightly and burying her face in his chest, it made me cry thinking about how much she loves this man...how safe and secure she feels when she's with him...how happy she is when he comes home each day...how he is her world. And for once, I was okay with being #2.On a day like today, as I remember 7 years ago, I am so thankful for Daddies, for Family, for Life.
2 comments:
That is so sweet! I am greatful for those sweet moments as well. I love my cuddle time with Savannah.
That is such a sweet picture.
Post a Comment