I love family traditions. They are what ties families together near and far and helps us create great memories. I guess I love traditions now more than ever since we are thousands of miles away from most of our family members. I want to continue some of the fun traditions that we had with them, especially for Maddy and Evan. On general conference weekends my family would always go apple-picking in between sessions and then have a big brunch on Sunday morning. Maddy really enjoyed that, so I decided we would keep the tradition alive this weekend. Although we really missed our family back in Kansas, we are grateful to have family in Utah to share in our special weekend. :)
Uncle Jared, Aunt Alena, and Uncle Mike

Aunt Julean and our cute cousins came too

Links: General Conference; Mormon.org

3 comments:
Looks like so much fun!
Looks like so much fun. I really believe in traditions also. A quote I like is "Family traditions are like spiritual and emotional cement in the foundation of a happy home. They create fond memories, and these memories bond us together as nothing else can." My weekend was filled with sick kids so that was a little stressful but we are finally on the uphill swing of things. At least we can always look back on the fond memory of missing the announcement of the KC temple because at that exact moment all we heard was the sound of Bryant suddenly puking all over the place.
I love family traditions too! Looks like yours went well!
Post a Comment