Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008




This was the first Christmas where I was not at home in Kansas...hard at first, yet wonderful.
Of course we missed our family immensely, but there was something magical about doing it on our own. We didn't have as many "players" in our Nativity or as many family members to
share traditions with, but it made us start our own traditions with our little family
and truly focus on our Savior. Christmas was simple and so meaningful this year.
I loved it.

3 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

We missed all of you over the Christmas holidays. While we know you are where you are suppose to be it still leaves an empty spot that we are not together. Looks like you had a great holiday. It is neat to think that the nativity scene while not played out together was in a way played out together connecting the family through a tradition. We look forward to seeing you in a few days. We will think of you and all the effort, time and stress you will endure to get here. I am afraid it may be a fight to see who gets to hold that baby Evan first. He has grown so much!

The Fantastic Four said...

So cute!! Love the matching jammies. =) Glad you had a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Agg--I forget to check your blog now that it's private. Lol. Glad you had a fun Christmas.