Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Sweet Little Nurse

I've got the bug...what kind of bug, I'm not even sure. But for the past few days I've had a headache, stomachache, and well, all the other aches too. After Daddy left for work today, Maddy took very good care of me. She may not have graduated from any nursing school, but she's one of the best nurses I've ever had...for several reasons:
  • She made up a comfy little bed in her room for me to lay down on. She covered me with a "comfy-cozy" blanket and surrounded me with all of her favorite stuffed animals.

  • Then she sat down in her little rocking chair right beside me and read lots of stories, including, but not limited to "Fancy Nancy," "Franklin" and "Curious George."

  • She then kissed me goodnight and "tip-topped" out of the room. She let me sleep for an hour in her nice, quiet room.

  • Like any good nurse, she made sure I was taking my medicine and reminded me that if I get too sick I will need to go to the doctor's. And get a shot. And a pink bandaid.

  • She told jokes.

  • She sang sweet songs.

  • And she kissed me (on the cheek!) and gave tons of hugs. I hope she doesn't get the bug too.

It completely warmed my heart and made my day...and I am starting to feel much better...I hope. Thank you, my little nurse.

I LOVE YOU!!

6 comments:

nicole b said...

so sweet! hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! Be sure to call if you need anything. I'm glad Maddy is there to take good care of you.

janell said...

That's almost worth getting sick for! I hope you're feeling better! You know, Maddy is mirroring the way you both treat her. What a wonderful image!
Love and health to you all!
See you soon:)

Diane Jensen said...

It's easy to see that loving care has been modeled for Maddy, as Janell said. What a wonderful example her Mommy and Daddy have set.

The Fantastic Four said...

Oh how sweet!! I love it...thanks for sharing the story. Feel better soon!! =)

Chanda Starr said...

What a wonderful little girl you have and I repeat the sentiments shared by others her tender mothering moments are learned from you and I can add you learned from some other wonderful women as well. I hope you start feeling better soon. We have had a bug going around our house as well. Here's wishing everyone a healthy Christmas in a few days!