Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Mom with a Funny Face"


I walked into my bedroom yesterday and saw this cute little drawing just lying on the floor. At first I thought Jonathan had helped Madelyn draw a little something, but then realized this was the drawing Madelyn had done earlier all by herself. This being my first child and since I do not know how to draw at all, I was very impressed! Seriously, my drawings are not much better than this. I was so amazed by all of her little details and the creativity she put into it. She explained it all to me--my funny face, my hair and hat, the sun and moon in the sky, etc. I'm not quite sure where or how she learned how to draw at all...it must be an innate thing. It's so fun discovering her new skills...
I love it!

2 comments:

janell said...

I agree it is innate, and I'm thinking it comes from Grandma Starr! Let's hope she can bake as well!

Chanda Starr said...

I love the drawing! It is so amazing to watch each child grow and learn and discover the world around them and the talents that they have. Maddy is awesome and will take the world by storm!