Monday, March 30, 2009

This Charming Boy.



Sometimes I feel that I no longer have hands.
They are always being used, but rarely on things that need to get done.
They are usually holding this charming little man.
I can't help it.
I love him.
I will put him down and those sweet little eyes follow me until they will me into looking at them.
Then he smiles this big beautiful grin.
I try to withstand the cuteness and get back to work.
Then his little lower lip starts to quiver and the tears start to roll.
Oh! I can't stand it any longer.
I pick him up and smother him with kisses.
He smiles.
He laughs.
He burrows his little head on my shoulder.
And we're then connected at the hip.
For the rest of the day.
Someday I will miss this.
Me, with no hands, and my little e.
Connected at the hip.
Thank goodness for naptimes (and feet).

7 comments:

Starry said...

Oh Erica! I feel the same way about Evan. He just draws you in and seems to truly love every ounce of attention you can give him. He sparkles under all the love you all give him. Thanks for the talk and letting us stay so late last night.

Chanda Starr said...

All I can say is your post melted me like butter. What a cute sweet little boy you have and what a wonderful mother you are. Keep enjoying every moment. It goes by WAY to fast!!

janell said...

Oh! How could anyone resist this little guy! He is SO engaging!!
I love you, Evan!

julean said...

Hey, Erica. Sorry I missed your call tonight. Not sure how late is too late to return it, so I'll call you in the morning. Evan is a TOTAL sweetheart. I love the "little e" moniker--so fitting. I can see Maddy in the second picture from the left.
--Julean

The Fantastic Four said...

Awwwww...so cute!! I love the second picture...I think he looks a lot like Maddy in it. =) I still cannot believe I haven't met this little guy!! Maybe someday.

Jared Starr said...

Erica, I totally agree. Evan is such a cute little boy. He really brightens up my day. I read your blog finally today and I just loved it. Thank you for always publishing your beautiful life experiences.

Kayla Neer said...

Evan is a total sweetheart, and if I were you, I bet I'd feel the same way! By the way, I love the latest "Maddyism", that's got to make you feel good, as you should:)
Kayla