For two and a half years now, each time the primary kids walk up to the stage to sing at church we've had to practically hold Maddy down to stop her from running up there with them. But not yesterday. For the first time she got her chance to sing too! She ran right up to the front row in front of the hundreds of people and sang with her whole heart, "Mother, I Love You." I cried. Jonathan cried. We were so proud of our little girl. At the end of the song she let out this sweet little giggle, ran down to me and gave me the biggest hug while bellowing out "I love you Mommy!" This had to be one of my top ten favorite moments...ever. One of those moments where you wonder what you must've done in your childhood or the life before to deserve such a beautiful blessing.Later that day, in primary, Madelyn recited her first article of faith. We had been practicing all week and when it was her turn she stood right up to the microphone and delivered every word loud and clear. Again, tears in my eyes. And in Daddy's.
It's amazing to watch your kids grow up...to take steps on their own toward the inevitable, complete independence from us...to watch their personalities take shape and to see their love and goodness and light. What an example she is to me. I love you Maddy. Thank you for making my day so special. Thank you for letting me watch you grow and witness all of the big "firsts" in your life! I am truly so honored to be your mama.
3 comments:
How precious! What a sweet, "big girl" she is getting to be!
Sometimes reading about Maddy reminds me so much of Ariel when she was little and I want to squish her up and enjoy those moments all over again. You are such a wonderful mom and you deserve every moment.
She truly is a Starr! (star!) Way to go, Maddy! Wish I could have been there...
Post a Comment