
It started out like any other day. We picked up Maddy from preschool and she begins asking for a run-down of her schedule that day...what we are doing now, after quiet time, after Evan's nap... where we are going, etc. etc. Then like most days, she begs us to go to Mc-a-Donald's. Mc-a-Donald's to Maddy is any place that serves greasy food and has a yellow, green, red, or purple slide with tons of crazy, loud kids. It's really not the food she wants...it's the SLIDES!! That, I swear, is what she lives for. :)
So here was our little conversation on the way home that day:
Daddy: Maddy, we're not going to McDonald's today.
M: Yes I am! I'll go ALL BY MYSELF! Hmmph.
Daddy: Are you going to drive there by yourself?
M: Mmmm Hmmm.
Daddy: Really? Let me know how that turns out.
Later that day...
M: Mommy can you open the car so I can drive to Mc-a-Donald's?
Mommy: Uuuhhh...
M: Mommy, I have to go there. Daddy said I could use the car.
Mommy: Not right now Maddy...
I thought it was all over and then out of the blue, she asks for the car keys. I somehow told her no. Then she asks if she can get in the car. Thinking she is pretending I open the car for her and Evan and I rush to get the camera and when I come back I see a very angry and frustrated little girl. She starts crying because she thinks the car is broken...
M: Mommy, PUSH the BUTTON!!
Mommy: Maddy, you cannot drive yet sweetie.
She's starting to lose it at this point...
Mommy: When you are around Misha's age...that's when you will be able to drive a car. Not until then.
She is no longer coherent and is kicking and screaming. Evan (who is laughing hysterically at her) and I decide to go inside and let Maddy cool off.
10 minutes later...
M: Mommy, I'm so sorry I got upset! I feel better now. We'll go to Mc-a-Donald's tomorrow.
But does she realize that she can't drive yet? Apparently not. The other day she was talking about how the car was broken and that Daddy needs to fix it so she can go to Mc-a-Donald's.
(She's not even FOUR!!)
4 comments:
Oh, Miss Maddy Mae! That is so funny:)
THAT is hilarious. What a stinkin cute girl!!
Too cute! Amazing what they say! Sounds like something Savannah would do.
Funniest story ever!
Post a Comment