
M: Mommy, you are super special and Daddy is super special and Evan is super special and I am super special!
Mommy: You are super special, Maddy! Don't ever forget it!
M: And Mommy, you are a good cooker, and Daddy is a good eater, and Evan is good at going in circles and I'm a good player!!
..................................................................................................................................................................
While Evan is crying...
M: He misses Grammie and Papa. He wants to go to their house.
Mommy: Do you?
M: Yeah. But I don't know how to get there.
..................................................................................................................................................................
M: Mommy, when is Jesus going to come?
Mommy: I'm really not sure Maddy, but I know He will come someday.
M: I really really want Daddy and Jesus to come home.
..................................................................................................................................................................
Daddy: Maddy, what kinds of foods should we eat to keep our bodies healthy and strong?
Maddy: Ummm, I think so....chocolate chips and things like that...?
(Hmm, clearly we are doing something wrong here.)
..................................................................................................................................................................
After eating some of her lunch, Maddy turns to me before leaving with her Daddy and says: Mommy, you keep my noodles comfy, cozy 'till I get back?!
Mommy: Okay...? Sure.
..................................................................................................................................................................
Mommy: Look Maddy, it's Santa!
M: No, no, no Mommy! His name is Santa CLAUS!
..................................................................................................................................................................
In her sweet, grown-up voice. . .
M: What did you do today, Daddy?
Daddy: I was at work.
M: What did you do at work?
Daddy: I give people their medicine.
M: Oh, that's SO nice!
..................................................................................................................................................................
Trying to coax Maddy to bed (10 p.m.):
Daddy: Look outside, is it sunny?
M: Almost.
Daddy: Really?
M: Yeah. Let's wait.
..................................................................................................................................................................
Daddy: Do you need to go potty Maddy?
M: Nope. My pee is waiting.
..................................................................................................................................................................
After I accidentally broke one of Maddy's crayons while coloring...
Mommy: I'm so sorry Maddy.
M: Oh man. Oh man. I guess you need a timeout Mommy. Oh man.
No comments:
Post a Comment