
My mind keeps singing this song over and over lately as I drive by this beautiful new temple each day. Yesterday my family and I went to the open house where the tour guides take you around inside of the temple showing you all of the rooms and explaining what takes place in each one. (The open house is open to all of the public until the temple is dedicated in August.)
Unfortunately Jonathan couldn't go with us because he was working, but we'll go with him soon.
I had explained a little bit before to Maddy about what the temple is and how we need to act, etc. and it was so neat to see it all through her eyes once we walked on to the grounds. When we first got inside she looked up and saw a huge chandelier and exclaimed, "Wow! This is a really pretty place." Then we saw the baptismal font and she explained how she was going to be baptized, and Anna and Allie will be baptized...and named off the rest of her friends too. It was very cute.
At the end of the tour, as we sat in the sealing room I kept holding back tears as I held Evan in my lap and had Maddy right beside me, as well as my mom, grandma, and sister with me. I looked at the altar and remembered kneeling there with Jonathan a few years ago, making sacred covenants and being sealed together, with these children we didn't even know at the time, for time and all eternity. Again, that day became even more meaningful to me. There is nothing I want more than to be together with ALL of my family forever. It was neat to think that Madelyn or Evan could be sealed in that very room someday. I am so excited to have a temple so close...
a place our family can always look to and
remember the goals we want to reach.
3 comments:
Erica!! I went on Saturday too but later in the day for the contractors open house. Wasn't it beautiful?? I loved reading your thoughts. =)
What a special experience to have with your family. I feel so blessed to be an extended part of your eternal family!!
Such a fun day!
Post a Comment