
I was looking through Maddy's scrapbook pages the other day and came across this one. It took me back. It took me back to that time when she was so little...when she couldn't walk and we still carried her everywhere...I could smell those graham crackers...and see her in my mind holding those dollies so tight. I was so glad I had created this page.
My mind went back further to the day she was born. The smells, the sounds, my emotions, my excitement. It will always be a sacred day to me. May 24. The day this beautiful, incredible girl came into my life and brightened everything around me. The day she made me a mommy.
So today, on her 4th birthday, I want to remember again. I want to remember everything about this past year and bottle it up. I want to remember how she still talks with her hands so passionately...and her eyes, and her hips. :) I want to remember how instead of Dolly, she now carries Jaguar around with her everywhere. I want to remember her sweet smile and how out of the blue she'll say, "Mommy, I love you" with her hand saying it too. I want to remember how she disappears into her own imaginary world. Or how she makes her brother laugh so hard. I want to remember her confidence...how she is a little leader and good example. And the way she loves with all her might and runs and hugs her family and friends when she sees them. I want to remember how she prays for everyone including her imaginary friend Maya...and Mosha, and Doola and Noola..... I want to remember her thoughtfulness...how she makes cards for her family and friends and spends time so focused on all of the little details.

I want to remember her sweet face, her smile, her hands, her heart.
And now, I want to embrace this next year with her...
I'm so excited to see what's next!!
I LOVE YOU, Madelyn!
Happy Birthday Sweetie!!
And now, I want to embrace this next year with her...
I'm so excited to see what's next!!
I LOVE YOU, Madelyn!
Happy Birthday Sweetie!!
3 comments:
Omigosh, I cannot believe Maddy is 4!! Wow, she is growing up to be such a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday, Maddy!! =)
Happy birthday Maddy! Erica you are a wonderful mom. Everyday you create such special memories for your kids, so many things for them to be able and look back on and to truly treasure.
Erica, once again you stunn me with your words! You are such a sweet mom!happy birthday to Maddy!
Post a Comment