Friday, August 28, 2009

Yesterday.

Photobucket

10:02--put evan down for a nap. start running on the treadmill.


10:40
--finish running, start weights. feeling very itchy on my stupid right hand. i hate eczema.


10:49
--get ice pack to help with itching. itching everywhere now.


11:04
--about to take shower, freak myself out by looking in mirror. beet red and bumpy all over face.


11:15
--call husband. he advises me to take benedryl. take two if needed. i take one.


12:15
--itching not going away. take another benedryl. serve kids lunch.


12:30
--realize i'm about to pass out. it suddenly dawns on me that benedryl causes drowsiness. oh crap. it's going to be a bad day. worried about kids' safety. call husband. husband calls aunt.


12:51
--my dear aunt rushes over, and takes my children for the afternoon. i pass out on our bed.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........passed out.................................


4:22
--husband calls. i wake up. realize i've missed the whole afternoon.


4:50
--husband comes over, we go to pick up children. feeling ever so guilty. i missed the whole afternoon with my kids and messed up my aunt's day.


5:07
--kids are happy/excited/playing. aunt is ever so gracious. start sobbing on her shoulder about my stupid mistake. makes me feel better and assures me all is well.


Morals of this story:
1)Do not run in our dusty, unfinished basement. 2)Do not take benedryl unless absolutely necessary or unless someone else is there to tend children. 3)My aunt is seriously, hands-down the best aunt (more like a sister) in the whole world. Thank you Julean. I love you. :)

3 comments:

Starry said...

Oh Erica what a horrible day that must have been! I'm sorry I haven't been more available to help, but I'm so glad Julean came to the rescue--she truly is a fabulous aunt!

Julean said...

You did not "mess up" my day by any means. I'm just glad I was home when he called. We had nothing going on, but we would gladly have changed plans if we did. I'm seldom in the right place at the right time to help, so I'm really grateful that I actually could this time.
I'm also glad that the kids seemed happy when you picked them up. Little Evan was such a good boy even without a nap and Maddy put up with my girls' moodiness like a real trooper.
Honestly Erica, you're one of the very best moms I know. Cut yourself a little slack. Your kids (like their parents) are a joy to be around.
Love you too!

janell said...

This 1100-mile separation sucks!!!
Thanks, Julean.