Monday, November 2, 2009

To my love, love, love

Photobucket



I love that today, 13 years ago, you called me up and said that, um, you, uh, really like me. I loved how after I hung up I had tons of butterflies in my stomach. I love that I still play that conversation over and over in my head. I loved our fun picnics in the park. I love how you always open my door. I loved your sweet love notes and the way I felt the first time you said "I Love You." I love the way you look at me. I love dancing with you and love the memory of the first time you asked me to dance. I loved how you asked me out on dates. I love your goofiness. I loved the look in your eyes on our wedding day...it still makes me teary-eyed. I love that we were married in the temple. I love our college days together and walking to and from campus holding hands. I love how happily you provide for our family. I love your passion. I love how excited and giddy you were each time I told you I was pregnant. I love the tears of joy I saw when Madelyn and Evan were born. I love how they look at you and how you hold them. I love how you feel my job as a mother is sacred. I love that our son has your smile and dimples. I love that you like the night-shift. I love how you stroke my hair when you reason with me. I love cooking with you. I love your limeades and popcorn. I love talking with you. I love discovering new things and new places with you. I love your big heart. I love that you are never afraid to express your love for me. I love that you are a man of God, and love the man you have become. I love that you do the dishes. I love how you are willing to make phone calls, because I'm just not feeling it. I love it when that phone call is to me. I love your laugh. I love thinking about growing old with you and watching our family grow. I love just sitting beside you and feeling you breathe, knowing you're all mine.

Who knew this is where we would be today? I know you didn't know then how many tears you would wipe away or also how many moments of pure joy we would experience.
I know we didn't know then how blessed we would feel
to be here...today....together.
I am so glad it has all been with you.
My love. I LOVE YOU.

4 comments:

Lauren F. said...

What a sweet message to your love. I teared up and it wasn't even for me! You two are so lucky to have each other and your beautiful children. And can I just add that I love having you as my friend and sharing your precious life moments through your blog. Happy Anniversary!

Starry said...

Beautifully written Erica--I love hearing how you love my brother, because I think he is pretty incredible too. It helps me realize all the things I love about Mike. It is so important to express those little things.

janell said...

Well said--made me cry! What a great, inspiring couple you two are! Love you both--and I remember that day 13 years ago very well! :)

nicole b said...

so sweet! you are lucky to have eachother! and we're so glad that Jonathan called you that day! You are a perfect complement to him and we love you! so fun to see you on Sunday.