Monday, April 26, 2010

first memory

My dear husband is turning 30 this week! In honor of his big day I am dedicating my blog to be all about him...all week long. He may or may not be happy about this...
Photobucket

My very first memory of Jonathan was during Primary one Sunday in the Emporia Ward. I am not exactly sure how old he was--I am thinking 8 or 9, which would have made me 7 or 8--but I remember exactly what he was wearing and where we were sitting in the room. He was near the front of the room and I was sitting a few rows diagonally behind him. He sat with his shoulders sort of slumped down, but his attention was wholeheartedly on the teacher at the front of the room. Mine was not. Mine was on him that day for some reason. He had caught my eye and I'm not quite sure why it was at this particular moment. But I'll never forget the feeling that came over me. I thought he was the greatest thing ever! He was so kind and so gentle to those around him and that really impressed me...even at my very young age. And at that moment, I wanted with all my little heart to marry him someday. Yes, it is true. And I think I might have said a little prayer too. Oh wow, I was a little stalker.

Thankfully, I did marry him. (And not because I stalked him. He will tell you I played "hard to get".) I have never forgotten my first memory of Jonathan Starr, even years later. He is a very memorable guy, and luckily, he is all mine.

2 comments:

Julean said...

Happy Birthday Week, Jonathan!

Starry said...

Wow I had not heard that first memory before--I think he is amazing too!