Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mastering the BIG BIKE (with training wheels)

Photobucket
Madelyn has learned the concept of pedaling and is now a full-fledged bike rider!

And she owes it all to her Daddy and Aunt Misha!

Aunt Mish explained how to ride in a way Maddy really understood.
Photobucket
I must say I was a bit worried that this milestone might never be reached. But, both times I have tried to teach Maddy I was about 7 months pregnant, with little patience.

Maddy first got a princess tricycle when I was pregnant with Evan and I was not able to bend over and pedal for her...at all. I'm sure it was quite a sight.

And then this year, when she got her big bike, I tried to help her and started having flashbacks of two summers before.

It was then I threw in the towel and told Jonathan and Misha it was up to them.
Photobucket
And that was all Maddy needed...a different teacher.

Way to go Miss Maddy Mae!!

3 comments:

Julean said...

Just in time! Now the boys can ride in the stroller while she pedals beside. Knowing Evan, though, he'll be pedaling a tricycle of his own very soon.

janell said...

I love the pictures! You can see the confidence in her face--and the sun in Misha's :) Wish I were there!!!

Chanda Starr said...

That is one skill I never mastered the teaching of how to ride a bike. Way to go to maddy and her teachers!!