Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harvest time

Photobucket
The other day we took our little family to the farmer's market and oohed and ahhed at all of the wonderful, fresh food. We bought some delicious peaches, apples, fresh bread, tortillas, and cherry tomatoes.

My very favorite season is Autumn. I love all of its bounteous goodness, the cool weather, the smells, the anticipation of the holidays, and for us this year, the anticipation of a new little baby.

And as we walked around the market and took in the sights and smells of all of this ripe fruit I couldn't help but turn to Jonathan and say, "This is me right now.

I am very ripe and ready to harvest
."

Now, if only I knew exactly when my "harvest date" will be.......



{I am a crazy woman and turned down the chance to be induced on Monday. Despite the pain and my crankiness, I just really want him to come when he is good and ready, and let nature do its thing.
But, I might regret this come Monday! :)}

3 comments:

Angela Kahle said...

I love the farmer's markets. I hear your having a lot of discomfort. I hope you can bear it the best you can. What a great Mom to tough it out so the baby can come when is right. Good luck!

Starry said...

Wow! How neat to see all the pictures from each month. I think it's good you're waiting, but I'll pray that you'll be able to endure the full time. I'm sure he'll appreciate the sacrifices you're making now once he's here.

janell said...

LOVE the pics! Great idea! Hang in there... I'm proud of you! :)