The other night the young women came by to visit me and drop off a big, orange pumpkin to add to our collection. It was so thoughtful and sweet and yet, it felt so weird seeing that life was still going on outside of our home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life for us has been intense lately. I am busy. Busy with diapers, laundry, diapers, feeding, rocking, feeding, diapers, putting on dress-ups, getting chocolate milk, blankies, stories, dishes, picking up, refereeing fights, and repeat. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever find a routine for us again? If we will ever be able to get out of the house again?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then I look at Luke's little hands. They are so tiny, so dependent. Yet, I know that soon, so soon, they will be as big as Evan's-more able, more independent. A rush of gratitude and love sweeps over me again and I feel so blessed and so much joy for our family of five. There are moments of absolute craziness-almost a comedy of errors-and then the very next moment is full of so much sweetness. I have learned over the last three weeks to take the waves as they come.
It's certainly more work, but more rewarding than ever.

2 comments:
Good luck weathering the waves of craziness! I hope the moments of peace can help give you the stamina for all your adjustments. Please let me know if you need some help--I'm still here and I appreciated all your family did for my birthday--it would not have been much of a birthday without it.
Can't WAIT to see ALL of you!!
Post a Comment