Monday, October 25, 2010

Snow Day.

Photobucket
I woke up to Madelyn and Evan exclaiming in excitement, "It snowed! It snowed!"
(Of course, I already knew it had snowed since I was up with Lukey at 3 am)
But it was so fun to see them so happy.
Photobucket
So we busted out the boots, mittens, and coats and I sent them off to play.
Photobucket
There were snowballs...lots of snowballs.
Photobucket
And Evan is already practicing his shoveling skills.
Although most of what he shoveled went into his mouth...and out again after spitting it out. Photobucket
Don't you love the pink mittens? His blue ones were lost momentarily in the wet snow...
Photobucket
Little Luke and I stayed nice and cozy inside.
Photobucket
And when the kiddos' hands became too frozen from throwing snowballs, it was their turn to come inside and get warm by the fire...
Photobucket
...and with hot cocoa, of course!

3 comments:

janell said...

Is that the same grass I was laying in last week? Hard to believe!

Starry said...

WOW! They really got into it! They look so genuinely thrilled to be playing in the snow. I need to recapture some of that joy--I just want to stay inside nice and cozy-like when it snows. I'm sure Neal will help me get out and love it just like them. :)

Angela Kahle said...

I can't believe you already have snow! I'm hoping we have at least 2 more months before that stuff hits here. Looks like your house has kept as busy as ours. Can't imagine having a third kid, two is about doing me in right now.