Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's just the brain damage, it's just the brain damage...

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Oh my sweet Evan!!

This boy of mine has taught me what little boys are all about. He has made me appreciate and love little boys. He can bring about within me the most extreme of emotions. His sweet, kind little voice makes me feel so compassionate that I will do absolutely anything for that sweet little voice of his. The way he will come up and hug me out of the blue, and say, "I love you Mommy." Or when he presses his cute little cheeks against mine. His sweet, sticky kisses. The way he calls my hair "pretty". And that smile. Oh that smile. He has the cutest, most charming smile with those gorgeous eyes, dimples and chin. It is absolutely contagious!


And then he can make me so upset, confused and just dumbfounded at the things he does.

Why in the world did you throw left-over hot cocoa all over the kitchen???? WHY??

Why must you put lipstick on, or destroy my eyeliner?

Why must you draw on your body?

Why do you have to hit and tease your sister and all of her friends?

What is so fascinating about the Christmas tree that you must touch it and pull it?

Why are you always running away?

I know you are ever the curious boy, but I just don't understand it. Sometimes I just can't stop shaking my head. And then a dear, sweet friend
reminded me of this clip by Bill Cosby.
Ahhh, yes, it's the Brain Damage!!


So, now when Evan decides to smash food, throw trucks, touch the TV, or take off his diaper, I repeat to myself, "BRAIN DAMAGE! It's just the brain damage. He'll grow out of it, it's just the brain damage." And I can't help but look at those mischievous eyes and guilty smile and bust up laughing.

Oh, how I love my Evan!!


2 comments:

Misha said...

hahahahahahahahaha. Is your eye liner blue or is that marker on his face? I miss that boy!

Karolyn said...

haha-gotta love the boys eh?! Great post Erica! He is SO STINKIN adorable!