Saturday, February 26, 2011

while you were sleeping...

Photobucket
Today while I was organizing all of our paper clutter and knee-deep in papers, I found some of the sweetest notes, cards, and drawings by our Madelyn Mae. My heart stopped as I read each one and looked at all of the detail in each picture. They had been tucked away in a pile, almost forgotten. I am so glad I found them today.

I looked around to give her a hug and found this sweet girl asleep on the playroom floor. I think her little body is still recovering from that yucky flu bug.

Here is what I found--


A card for Grammy:

Photobucket
(Front and Back)
Photobucket
(Inside)

A card to mom:
Photobucket
Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket

So, here is a little note just for you, Maddy--
Thank you for brightening my day and for being a part of our family.
I love watching how excited your brother is when you come home from school each day or how your other little brother absolutely lights up whenever he hears your voice. I love how you live for the days when Daddy is home from work to be with you. And I love what an eager helper you are to me. We love you and you are irreplaceable in each of our hearts. xoxo

3 comments:

Starry said...

What precious notes, and what a tired little girl. I hope she gets fully recovered soon. She is such a good artist and writer--those are priceless keepsakes.

Anonymous said...

Oh bless her cute sweet growing heart. I love that girl!

janell said...

Oh Maddy! I already know I love you too!! Get better, precious girl!