Tuesday, March 22, 2011

R is for rainbows and rabbits.

Maddy came up to me the other day and said,
"Mommy! Guess what! We should make rainbow pancakes because rainbows begin with R and rabbits begin with R and they are both Easter things...and it is the Easter season!"
How could I resist that perfectly reasonable explanation to make rainbow pancakes?!
Photobucket
So on Sunday we let Daddy sleep in and Mommy took over the pancake duty.
(Although, Mommy's "Minnie and Mickey" pancakes are not nearly as good as Daddy's.) We separated the batter into six bowls and all went to work making rainbow colors!
Photobucket
We poured each color onto the griddle...
Photobucket
and voila! rainbow pancakes. Thanks for the cute idea Maddy Mae.
You know how to make everyday life so fun and FULL of rainbows!!

3 comments:

Starry said...

How creative Maddy! Don't you just love kids great ideas that you would never think of on your own. The pancakes look amazing, and it is a rainbow like no other I've seen. Hope the good fun just continues for all of you...

The Fantastic Four said...

Those pancakes are beautiful!! You are such an awesome Mom. Although I did make green choco-chip cookies for St. Patty's Day so beat that!! hahaha, just kidding. =)

Angela Kahle said...

I'm going to have to steal this idea. They look fun and delicious.