I was so uplifted tonight after going to the general young women meeting! There were so many beautiful messages, including the video above. It made me think of the quote by Pres. Ezra Taft Benson:
Yes, give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me a young woman who faithfully attends her church meetings, who is a seminary graduate, who has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition Award and wears it with pride! Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now and throughout eternity.
I sat behind a grandmother, a mother, and her daughter and my heart ached to be next to my grandmothers, my mom, my sisters and my daughter. But as the young women sang one of our family's very favorite hymns as the closing song I felt the women in my life, known and unknown, with me. I am so thankful to each of them and all that they teach me about what it means to be a daughter of our Heavenly Father.
I love being in yw's and serving the girls in our ward. They are so special. It is such a great reminder to me of the great potential and light our Heavenly Father gives to each of His daughters. They are the hope of Israel, and because of who they are, they have the potential to influence so many for good. What an amazing opportunity and blessing women have!
2 comments:
The young woman in your ward are so blessed to have you. The youth are great and I miss serving with them! The YW broadcast was great and inspiring!
I was so happy when they announced the closing hymn. I found myself moved to tears several times during the broadcast. Could possibly have been exacerbated by fatigue! :) Yes, wish we could've watched it together. Almost!
Post a Comment