Tuesday, March 15, 2011

these boys of mine

Luke
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I looked over at Luke the other day and couldn't believe how much he has changed since he joined our family. He is most certainly his own little person now and it is so fun to watch his expressions and reactions toward each one of us. He is so happy and smiley! We love cooing over him, holding his perfect baby-sized body, watching him tug his feet up to his head like a monkey, giggle, roll over, and hold onto our hands so tightly.
I love you Lukey, and I love watching you grow!

Evan
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Oh my Evan! He has a smile to charm anyone and everyone. I spied on him in nursery the other day and he was such a big boy sitting at the table, coloring his picture and talking away to his teachers. A feeling of gratitude rushed over me...I am this little boy's Mama! How lucky I am.
He can be rough around the edges and we certainly have our battles, this boy and me, but when he comes over to snuggle with me and puts his hand on my face and whispers
"I love you mommy," I just melt.
Photobucket Photobucket
Every year since Maddy's first birthday, I put together a slideshow of pictures and videos of each child with a recording of their birthday for that year too. I love picking out the songs to go with these each year and the kids get so excited when they hear their song saying,
"It's my song!" or "It's my movie!"

Photobucket
Well, for Evan's second year movie I used the song, "Hourglass" by Mindy Gledhill. This song will forever remind me of these sweet boys of mine and how they so tug at my heartstrings.

Little boy, when you speak
I can't help but kiss your cheeks.
I love the way you hold my hands
and tell me all about your plans...

When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
Please don't turn around and grow up way too fast.
See the sand in my grasp, from the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass.
Life's an hourglass.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Sweet brothers.
I can tell in both of their eyes just how much they love each other!

2 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

Your boys remind me so much of my boys. I love that they have each other!

janell said...

Love these boys!!