Thursday, March 17, 2011

Meet the newest member of the family...

Photobucket
...the PIANO!! Yes, we are the owners of a new piano. It has been so much fun to play again whenever I want...of course, whenever the kids allow me. I am pretty much obsessed with playing "I See the Light" from the Tangled music. But, it is fun to play about anything right now. I feel like I am five again.
Photobucket
Speaking of five, Madelyn has started taking lessons! She is doing great and I love how excited she is about it all. It is a new challenge for her and sometimes I catch her just playing around, trying to make sense of all of the notes and keys.
Photobucket
Like I've mentioned before I remember songs my mother would play when I was little and the beautiful spirit the music brought into our home. I am certainly not good like my mom, but I do know it is a beautiful thing to share and enjoy good music and I am so glad we now have music playing within the walls of our own home.










Photobucket
Me, glamming it up at five, by the piano I learned to play on

3 comments:

Starry said...

Wow! I see a lot of similarities in those two pictures of you and Maddy at the piano. I'm so glad you can have an instrument to play in your home. I'm trying to imagine not having a violin available to me to play when I like--it would be horrible! I'm so glad you can play whenever you want now. Who is Maddy taking from?

janell said...

Can't wait to try it out! Bringing lots of music:)

Chanda Starr said...

Want a beautiful piano!