Friday, June 24, 2011

A Look at Luke at 9 months old

Some things about our Lukey, Lukester, Luke at 9 months:

Photobucket

I LOVE how you suck your first two fingers when you are tired or when those gums are hurting.

I will put you down in your crib for a nap or for bed and you automatically put those two little fingers in your mouth and drift off to sleep. You are a good sleeper.

Photobucket

You are a content boy, except when you are teething. You have been teething for about a month now and get pretty unhappy when you are not being held or sung too.

You like to feed yourself I have found. I try to feed you the mushed stuff, and either because you are teething or you just don't like it, you refuse more than a few bites. So I've started giving you small fruits and veggies on your tray so that you can help yourself. You seem to love this. I hope you keep it up!

You are rolling everywhere! You are so close to crawling too. You get up on all-fours and rock back and forth, sometimes going forward just a bit. But you scoot, roll, and sit up all over the place.

Photobucket

You LOVE being outdoors and watching. You took your first ride in the big boy stroller the other day and were smiling the whole way. After a few days of rough teething, it made my heart sing to see you so happy.

You have become a bit shy with strangers. It's nothing major, you just smile and lay your head on your mama's shoulder. So sweet.

Your smile brightens my day. You have the cutest dimples, chubbiest cheeks (and legs and belly) I love to squeeze and kiss all day.

When you are sad I love that we can cheer you up by just holding you, hugging you, singing to you, and make funny faces. Your laugh is contagious. And I'm starting to get used to those two cute little bottom teeth you've earned.

Photobucket

These two people above LOVE you tons. They ALWAYS try to make you smile whenever you're starting to whine. They are so nurturing to you and you usually reciprocate with squeals and smiles.

You also have a complete hold on the hearts of your mommy and daddy too, of course. You love your sweet daddy and his tickles. And you love snuggles from mommy. You are so cherished. Hoping the next few months don't go by TOO fast.

You are still growing, growing, growing too. We have started taking you out of the car seat wherever we go because you don't like being strapped in and let's face it, you're a bit to heavy to carry. :) You are wearing twelve month clothes too...the exact ones your brother wore 2 summers ago.

Photobucket

Love you Lukey! Happy 9 months! xoxoxo

3 comments:

janell said...

Can't wait to love on this boy!

Chanda Starr said...

So excited we finally get to meet little Luke!

Starry said...

Wow! He really is growing up. I'm so glad you get to go show him off in Kansas soon. Do you think Luke can teach Neal how to eat little bits of fruits and vegetables? :) Just kidding. Kids are their own people and each have their mysteries for why they like things the way they do. I'm glad Luke brings so much joy to your family.