Monday, June 20, 2011

Celebrating the Father of our Home

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this man of mine, and the father of our children. He is a wonderful daddy and has been a better partner in parenting than I ever could have dreamed. He makes it possible for me to live this wonderful dream. And since we feel so blessed to have him in our lives, we wanted to make him feel extra special on Father's Day.

Photobucket

We served him breakfast in bed--doughnuts from his favorite, Dunford Bakers, and rainbow fruit. The kids spent so much time on the cards too.


They were certainly made with love.


Do you notice Evan's spiders? Something on his mind lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket


Since Jonathan loves scrabble so much (we play it on our phones all the time)

we decided to have a Scrabble theme.

Photobucket

We had letters that spelled out "We Love You Daddy"

and a menu with scrabble tiles. We had breakfast for dinner, per request.


Photobucket Photobucket

It was great to have Uncle Jared with us too.

He and Maddy made the fruit pizzas look so beautiful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had moustaches too because how fun is it to take pictures with moustaches?!



Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Way fun! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Maddy made up a treasure hunt game for Daddy where he found clues and went to rooms around the house with the help of each Scrabble puzzle.


Photobucket

At the end Daddy found a few shirts...one being a Superman one to match his boys!


Photobucket

We then played Maddy's new Scrabble Junior game.

And watched Daddy's video that Uncle Adam made for him a few years ago.



Photobucket

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful men!!

4 comments:

Starry said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed with all you did for Jonathan. I know he must have felt really special. The mustache pictures are hilarious! The scrabble theme was so clever, and that breakfast dinner made my stomach growl. I'm so glad you had such a great day for your him.

janell said...

I'm so intimidated! You are amazing! Happy Day, Jonathan. :)

The Fantastic Four said...

Dunford is my fav too!! I'm grateful to not live so close by or I'd be huge.

Looks like Jonathan had an awesome day. Loved all the pics. =)

Angela Kahle said...

I remember that hashbrown quiche from seminary. You so need to put that on the family cooking blog. I'm looking for a good recipe like that. The donut kabobs are genius! Did you come up with that or did you get it on line? I'm going to have to steal that one.