Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School 2011

Photobucket


The night before school started for Maddy we had our



2nd Annual Back-to-School night.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a special family home evening, and introduced our family theme.



We opened our "time capsule" from last year and filled it with new things for this year.



We set new goals for the school year and for our family.




Photobucket


The kids put on a fun fashion show for us and showed off their new clothes.



Evan is starting a little neighborhood preschool in a few weeks too.



He is very excited about his new monster truck shirt.



Photobucket


The next morning came and Madelyn was so ready to start FIRST GRADE!




Photobucket

Photobucket


She was so excited about her new backpack.



About going to school ALL DAY.



About seeing her friends again, and meeting new friends.



About playing on the BIG playground.



Photobucket


AND, about bringing her lunch to school for the first time.



Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket


We also chose a few days for her to eat hot lunch at school.


She had to memorize her lunch number, which was a big deal.



I think this responsibility makes her feel very grown-up.



Photobucket


And grown-up she is.



Photobucket


After walking Maddy to school and coming back home,



the boys and I hardly knew what to do.



But we are figuring it out and enjoying the one-on-one time.



Maddy comes home very tired, but she has been great about



doing her reading and homework each night, and she had a great first week.



Photobucket




Here's to a great 2011-2012 school year!

3 comments:

Starry said...

It is a lot to take in--full days of school. I'm sure she'll be extra tired for a while. She looks so darling though, and your dinner looked yummilicious as usual!

The Fantastic Four said...

Oh man, Erica. Wow...what a HUGE step in Mommyhood. I can't believe she's a full time student now. Did you just bawl your eyes out?? I know I complain a lot now but I really am dreading the day T starts Kindergarten. She looks all grown up!! She'll do great!! =)

Karolyn said...

Erica!!! You are SOOOO cute! I love your fun back to school tradition! What a fun idea!