Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week of Family + Misha and Aaron's Wedding

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

On Monday we had a GIRLS DAY and went to lunch at Chipotle and then headed over to Fashion Place mall to buy some girly things. :)


Then it was time for Maddy to get her ears pierced!!! She had been talking about it for quite awhile and we had agreed on a date when Grammy and Aunt Kayla could come with us. She was so brave sitting in the chair, waiting for the ladies to pierce her little ears. At that moment I couldn't believe I was letting someone do this to her. It hurt much more than she had anticipated (and since I was 3 when my ears were pierced I had no idea exactly how painful it would be), and she screamed out in pain. She cried for quite awhile, but after a few minutes, the pain was gone and she smiled so big when she saw her shiny earrings.


The rest of the day I would catch her smiling in the mirror, touching her earrings, and striking a pose. Oh, how fun to be a girl!

Photobucket

And my girl is quite the planner. After seeing her cousin Paige's play, she decided she wanted to do her own play of Rapunzel. So for weeks she created invitations and started making a guest list. Then she started making a script and gathering all of her props. She also started assigning all of her characters: she was Rapunzel, of course, Evan was Flynn Rider and somehow Misha and Aaron were everything else. Two of her little friends were the King and Queen.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Since the guest list started getting bigger by the minute, I decided it was time to try out a blueberry pie I've been wanting to make. Since my husband is the king of pies I delegated him to teach me how to roll out and create the crust. He is a great teacher, and now I'm a bit obsessed with pies. They are so fun to make and decorate, I never knew.

And the blueberries were delicious!


Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket


Madelyn started by welcoming her guests and reminding them to be respectful and quiet during the performance. She also told them to use their imaginations!

Photobucket


She sang so loud and beautifully. My favorite part was watching Maddy and Evan sing together in their "boat" and letting the balloons off like we did at Maddy's birthday party. They started out singing softly, holding hands, and then got louder and louder.


It was great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we have awesome neighbors and friends who came out to watch!

They were all so sweet to come and we loved having an excuse to catch up.


Photobucket Photobucket

The days seemed to all blur together after that with everything that needed to be done with the wedding preparations. But we enjoyed some fun moments too.


Papa and Evan ate most meals together. Evan just loved having his buddy, Papa, around.


Photobucket

On Friday night Kendra hosted a "Bachleorette party" at her house in Highland. She went all out on the cute decorations, a gorgeous spread of food and delicious mocktails.

I am still salivating over her mint juleps.


Photobucket

Saturday, August 13, 2011 was the day!

Aaron's family hosted a luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.


Jonathan and I were the first lucky ones invited to offer our congrats and advice to the couple.


Photobucket

My beautiful sister, Kayla, and me


Photobucket

We sat with Jonathan's parents and his oldest brother, Adam, who used to be Misha's bishop. It was fun to get to see them, even for just a little while. They drove all night Thursday to make it to the wedding and then left on Sunday so they could make it back for work on Monday morning. Saying it was nice of them to come is a complete understatement. I was so touched that they sacrificed their time (and sleep) to be there for that day. I know it meant a lot to Misha too.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Jueschke!!


Photobucket

Since we were picking up our kids from Kendra and Lant's parent's guest house (that's a mouthful) in the Avenues, we missed family pictures, so I don't have very many of us with Mish and Aaron. But luckily, Misha's friend Carley took my camera and snapped lots of pics while we were away.


Photobucket

Our little family


Photobucket

Marge Frey made Maddy's gorgeous dress.


Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Waiting for the reception to begin...


Photobucket

Photobucket

It was great to see so many friends and family at the reception!

The kids loved all of the cake and pie too.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We are so happy for Misha and Aaron. They are a wonderful couple.


We love you guys! Congratulations!!!!

3 comments:

Angela Kahle said...

Congratulations to Misha! Glad it all went well, and that Maddy's ear piercing experience was not too bad. I hope it continues to go well and not be like mind:) I love her dress. Marge really out did herself. Maybe some day you can tell me your secret for getting your family to all look so elegant in your family pictures. I haven't figured it out yet!

janell said...

I'm SO glad you have these pictures! Love this post--thanks!

Starry said...

Maddy's play sounded priceless, and I wish I could have seen it. She is such a planner and organizer of fun projects and events already. It was lovely reliving the wedding experience through all the lovely pictures. My favorite is the one of you and Kayla--you look so lovely and happy for Misha.