For the past month I've been quite emotional about my baby turning one. I would look at pictures of a year ago and couldn't believe he is not that little anymore. Maybe it has been harder because this time felt so busy and the first year flew even faster, making me feel like I couldn't savor the moments as much as I wanted to. Or maybe I am just so relieved that we survived this first year.
Probably a combination of both.
Probably a combination of both.
But the bottom line is I have a beautiful little boy who is growing and learning and loving life. And we are absolutely loving life with him in it.
So we decided to celebrate as much as we could...in carnival style.
Here are a few scenes from our Luke's special day:
Grandma Starr's incredible cakes!
Uncle Jared and Maddy did an AWESOME job on the game posters!
Luke did not want to be left out of the fun
He eyes a doughnut...
he reaches for it...
grabs...
and stuffs it in his mouth!
MmmMmmm
And because of that doughnut, Mr. Lukey did not rip into his cake
Misha and Aaron on the other hand made good use out of the cake.
No, there was no smashing on their wedding day,
Luke loves his new gifts. I love that happy face!!!!
He was too tired to blow out his candle on his actual day...
but he certainly enjoyed doing it the day after.
Happy BIRTHDAY Luke!! It's good to be ONE!




















































2 comments:
Happy 1st birthday LUke! ONE ALREADY?! Looks like a super fun and cute party Erica-great job!
AWESOME part--tay!! What a great kid to celebrate! Love you Luke!
Post a Comment