Monday, November 7, 2011

Madelyn's Piano Recital

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket



Madelyn performed at her first piano recital last Saturday!

She had been practicing very hard beforehand and asking all kinds of questions about
where she would perform, who would be there, what she needed to say and more. I could tell she was a little nervous, but she always arises to the occassion and is so brave.


So she practiced many times like our family was the "audience" and like it was the actual performance day. She would stand up, introduce herself, her songs, and sit at the piano. She then told everyone "I am going to play now, so you can actually be quiet and it's time to listen." (She is most certainly an oldest child)! We explained she didn't need to say that...people would know to listen. Then we practiced her bow at the end.


She was the very first one on the program, since we needed to rush to cousin Camden's baptism afterward and as you can see from the actual performance, she did so well!!! We are so proud of her and all of her hard work!! You can tell she is focusing hard and counting out the rhythm in her head. Since her teacher, Amy Gwilliam, took some time off after having her baby, she has only been playing for about 4 months. Amy is a great teacher and works really well with Madelyn.
Way to go, Maddy Mae!!


4 comments:

janell said...

I love that I got to see this! Wish I could've been there! Wait to go, Maddy! (So glad she could wear that dress again!!:)

Chanda Starr said...

Good job Maddy!

Starry said...

I'm so proud of her! She really is counting out each beat and making sure she is just right. I wish I could get my older students to be more like that. :) I can't wait to see what she does over the years as she learns more and more.

Anonymous said...

Yay Maddy!