
But, as you can see, the water was cold! Evan and Luke (and I) wanted nothing to do with the water so we played in the sand while Daddy and Maddy braved the coldness. It was so fun to watch Maddy! She loved jumping the waves or just running from them.
She even exclaimed that this was the best day ever!


"I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean..."



Evan enjoyed playing with his light saber and sadly, we left it there at the beach that day. Luckily, he has not been upset about it.

I loved making sand castles with the boys.


And Luke even tried to eat some. YUCK!


I love watching my kids discover new things.
*****************************************************************
When we got back to the hotel, we had lunch and naps/quiet time. It was so nice to just relax for a little bit and I was able to finish Evan's costume.
When the boys woke up we got the kids dressed in their costumes for Mickey's Halloween Party! Evan kept saying "We are going to Disneyland! We are!"

Rapunzel & Flynn Rider

& a sweet Mickey Mouse

We first went to World of Disney where Maddy got to pick out a Rapunzel wig.
Then it was off to Fantasyland where, per Evan's request, we rode King Arthur's Carousel.
We also rode Snow White's ride, which is one of the dark rides, and Maddy seems to understand things a little more than before and was terrified after going on that ride. She said she never wanted to do that again and got so scared about the Alice in Wonderland ride while we were in line that she and Daddy got out of line and waited while Evan and I rode it. It took us by surprise at first and we tried reassuring her that everything is only pretend and to at least try the ride once before deciding you don't like it. We did try to steer clear of any more dark rides, except for Peter Pan because it's not scary. She was really good about trying each ride and some rides she liked and some rides she definitely let us know that she didn't like.
The sword in the stone
After Alice, we headed to the tea cups where we got to watch the parade go by.



Evan was so excited when Captain Hook and Mary Poppins waved at him!
We also rode Dumbo and did some trick-or-treating at the stations by the rides. We ate dinner at the Plaza Inn and then the kids and Daddy went on the Astro Blaster ride. This was one of Evan's favorites. Every time he saw the rockets he would tell us he wanted to go again! We learned to avoid going by these after a few times.

We went to New Orleans Square where they were having a dancing party with Donald and Goofy.
Then the kids got to meet Perry the Platypus!
While we were in line Evan was charming one of the cast members (people who work at Disneyland) and telling her all about Flynn Rider. I think she was smitten because she told me, "These are seriously the cutest kids I've seen here." Of course, I thought so too. :)
Meanwhile, Daddy and Luke had been saving us a place for the spooky fireworks show hosted by Evan's new favorite, Jack Skellington. It was amazing and of course, very magical.
I'm sure the kids had magical dreams that night too and were ever excited to go again the next day!



3 comments:
So much fun in one day--how did you manage it all? :) I'm so glad the kids enjoyed it so much and the pictures you took are fantastic! I agree that you have some of the cutest kids ever...give them a hug for me. :)
Seriously the cutest kids ever! Agreed!
I love those kids and I adore Perry the Platypus.
Post a Comment