Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Christmas Party + Gingerbread House

Photobucket

On Saturday we hosted a work party for Jonathan's employees. It was fun to do something for them and to get to know each of them better.


We decided to have a hot chocolate bar with lots of toppings to choose from. I had a bunch of leftover hot cocoa tins, so I decided to use those to put the toppings in. I took off the labels and taped on a cut-out circle stencil and then painted on some of Martha Stewart's colored chalkboard paint that I bought a couple months ago. It actually worked pretty well.


Photobucket
Madelyn helped me make the Marshmallow SnowMen. Aren't they cute?!
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Someone requested I make pumpkin caramel cookies and Jonathan, his trifle. This time he made chocolate peanut butter...death by chocolate, it was so yummy.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Maddy entertained us with "Jingle Bells". She has loved learning new Christmas songs and it has been fun to get some of my old books out for her to play.


We ended the night playing Cranium, just like last year. And Jonathan and I won again, I think just like last year. Is that rude to win at your own party??


Photobucket

I haven't been feeling too well the last few days, and so Jonathan was so sweet to take the kids out last night and then organize family home evening for us.

He and the kids also put together our gingerbread house.


Photobucket

I loved hearing Maddy and Evan compliment each other on their ideas and work together to make it. So cute!


Photobucket