Friday, December 16, 2011

the stockings are hung...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We love decorating for Christmas, and sometimes I wish we could just leave the decorations up all year long. We let the kids do a lot of the decorating on the tree and
we've noticed we've had to keep moving the ornaments up and up a little
so our cute and curious little one-year-old does not get into them.

My favorite ornaments are of course the three above...my sweet babies.

We also got a new star this year. Well, two of them because I couldn't decide.

I guess we'll trade off years of putting the two up.


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

We also have our Christmas card pictures we've taken as a family throughout the house.

The one below is one of the many Aunt Chanda took 6 years ago for our first official card.


Photobucket

Photobucket

And these are our Service Stars. We started this tradition last year and the kids couldn't wait to do it again this year. Each morning they find the hidden star with the number for that day and read what service they are to do on the back. Most are simple, but I've found they've really got the kids thinking of others and the little difference they can make for someone else.


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

And this is our little house advent calendar. It holds a scripture, a puzzle piece, and today's activity: attend our ward Christmas party.


Photobucket

Other ways we countdown: A santa candy cane calendar from Grammy and Papa, Christmas placemats, and unwrapping a Christmas story to read each evening. AND, Maddy made this paper chain to count down to Christmas too. It is right next to the cutest elf ever. :)


Photobucket

And who can forget the Snowman salt & pepper shakers. It's the little things that find a thrill in this house. And with all the fun countdowns and decorations, it's hard not to be so excited.


Photobucket


8 more days...

1 comment:

Chanda Starr said...

I love decorating for Christmas too! Your house looks amazing (as always!) I really wish our kids could be together for Christmas. They would have so much fun!!