Day 13 of our advent calendar (and service stars) was to deliver a gift to our neighbors. We did something a lot more simple than the chocolate ganache bread last year, but I think and hope our neighbors felt just as loved.
Maddy and Evan LOVED taking turns carrying the jars to our friends' doors and seeing their smiles when they received it. They even commented when we were done how much they enjoyed giving the gifts over getting gifts. It was a great reminder to me that I need to include them more in the service and giving we do as a family. And hopefully then their gratitude will be even more full for the things they have and receive from others. Way to go, kiddos.
"You can only take with you that which you give away."
~one of my favorite quotes from "It's a Wonderful Life"




2 comments:
These totally need to go on Pinterest and I'm thinking it's getting close to time to start your public blog! :) The theme: Decorating Ideas
Those look fantastic! What cute but simple gifts for neighbors and friends.
Post a Comment