It happened. I turned 30 years old last month. Even though it started off a bit rocky I was lucky to have such thoughtful friends and family to celebrate with the week before.
The Tuesday before my b-day my mom and I went out to lunch and did a little window shopping. This was awesome for me because my mom lives hundreds of miles away and I rarely get to go out with my mama, especially one-on-one! I loved every minute.
The Wednesday before we had a girls lunch including Miss Maddy.
The Thursday before I got to go out with my honey to Bambara and see a movie. We LOVED the food, as usual, and it was so nice to get out and talk, just us.
The Friday before I woke thinking I might just stay in my jammies all day...no plans whatsoever. Then on Jonathan's way out the door Maddy says "See you tonight Daddy for the party!" I'm thinking "What? There's a party??? Hmmm, they ARE up to something." Thanks for the heads up Maddy. The only sad part was that poor Maddy got sick and couldn't join in the celebrating. I felt so bad for her. But wow, was my dear husband up to something! He threw a big surprise party for me with our friends and family. It was awesome and I felt so very loved. He had organized and planned everything. He is one amazing guy. And the decorations that my mom and sisters and sweet Maddy did were awesome. The posters Jonathan had everyone fill out were great. Jonathan had Cafe Rio catered in and the delicious cookies Julean brought and the amazing cakes my mom and Alena made were so thoughtful. Jonathan also told everyone to write some sort of memory of me and I was overwhelmed with the sweet words everyone shared. I was very grateful for the cards and e-mails sent from those who weren't there that night as well. It made turning 30 all the more fun. I went to bed that night just feeling so blessed for each of these people, near and far, in my life. Thank you!
On Saturday my mom and I had gift certificates for a massage and so we went over that morning. I was very excited to get a nice, relaxing massage. It was one-hour long and even though some parts were very relaxing, most of the time it hurt so bad!! I kept thinking "I hope my mom is having a better experience." Unfortunately, she was thinking the same thing. We joked about our masseuses "Helga and Bertha" the rest of the day. I know, so mean. But not the best massages ever. After that my sisters and mom and I had a girls day. We went to Cheesecake Factory and went shopping at Fashion Place. Loved it!
We celebrated that evening playing games and watching us all, one by one, get hit with the stomach flu. I remember hearing fireworks, waking up, throwing up, looking at the clock and wishing myself a Happy Birthday. Lovely.
Luckily, 30 has been much kinder since. I look at my life everyday and think I wouldn't want it any other way. 30 is pretty great and I am very blessed.
















1 comment:
So glad we could be with you to celebrate! SOOO glad we celebrated pre-birthday! :) Love you, 30-year-old-daughter of mine!
Post a Comment